- The Profiles tab allows creation and easy editing of new or existing profiles and audiences.
- Within Profiles, there is the ability to modify individual profiles across several properties and allow in-depth opt-out management for GDPR purposes.
- The Profile Template can be used to amend the properties seen in each individual profile.
- The profile properties can be edited by selecting the pencil icon by ‘Custom Properties’ to add sub-properties, or a new property group can be added beneath this.
Create/Searching a profile
- To create a new profile, click on the ‘Profiles’ tab (on the left), then ‘Create/Search’.
- This will display the following screen:
- To create a single profile, click ‘Create Single Profile’ which will then open a window. This will give you the option to enter first and last name, phone number and email address. To create the profile, you will need to enter data for at least one field.
- To import more than one profile at once, click ‘Import Profiles’. From this screen, you can import either an Excel or csv. file. You can map the properties you wish to import to your account such as first name to first name. Please note: if all numbers in the file belong to one country, these can be local format e.g. 07. If there are a mix of mobile numbers, however, please ensure that the country code is included.
- Once the profile or profiles have been created, they can be searched for using ‘Search Profiles’. Profiles can be searched for using any property that has been set up in ‘Profile Template’.
- Multiple search criteria can be used to search for a profile which can find a set of profiles to create an audience. You can add additional strings to your search to segment your audience further.
- To create a new audience here, click ‘Save search results as an audience’. This will prompt you to insert an audience name and optional description. You can also create a test audience to test from Broadcast.
- The search results can be exported as a csv. file.
- Individual profiles can be clicked on to see further details:
- Clicking to see more details in the profile will produce the screen seen as above. In the ‘Profiles actions’ dropdown in the top right, you can edit, delete or ‘forget’ the profile. Any previous history or devices connected to the profile can also be seen.
- On the left, there is opt-out management for the profile which allows specific profiles to follow individual channel rules.
- Channels open for conversation for that individual profile can also be seen on the left.
- All audiences are displayed in the ‘Audience’ tab, under Profiles in the left menu.
- They can be filtered by the user who created it, and by the date/time of creation.
- The audience name, date of creation, the date it was updated, and a delete button can also be viewed for each audience.
- When a bulk import (importing an Excel or csv. file) is performed, the results will be shown in the ‘Import History’ tab, found under ‘Profiles’.
- The status and success of all imports will be displayed here.
- The name of the file, date of import, status of the file, number of contacts/records in the file and quantity of ignored/valid/created and updated can be found for each file imported.
- Any ignored records will be related to the way the file was originally imported e.g. whether the contacts were overwritten or ignored, or if there are existing records.
- ‘Valid profiles’ refer to the amount of records that were imported successfully. Please note: any numbers not correctly formatted will be counted as invalid.
- ‘Created records’ refers to any contact that is new to the system e.g. a number has not been imported into the API Space.
- Finally, ‘updated records’ refers to pre-existing contacts already in the platform which therefore required updating if there is new information found in the imported file.