Creating a message:
This short user guide will show you how to set up and deploy a new message in Message Manager.
Once you have logged on to the Cloud Portal and launched Message Manager, all you need to do is click the “Create New Message” button in the Common Tasks menu. This will open a pop up the new message screen.
You will see that there are five steps in setting up your message, as labelled down the side of the window. They should be completed as follows:
- Choose whether or not the numbers you are sending to are international or UK (if you are sending internationally you will need to make sure they are all in the same format and start with the relevant country code – e.g. 44 for the UK)
- Select the originator you want to use (what you want your message to come from). This can be either an alpha numeric word (like the name of your company) or a number (which you can purchase from the shop).
- Choose the numbers you would like to send to – you can type these in, choose numbers from your contact list by clicking “Add Recipients”, or type the name of a group to send to.
- Type your message body, remember that 1 message = 160 characters. You can also use a message template for this stage, and include merged fields, like the customers first name. There are even options to abbreviate your message where possible and add a signature which can both be set up in Message Manager Settings.
- Choose when you would like to send your message. You can opt to send the message straight away or alternatively you can schedule it up to 3 months in advance. In this step you can also select the validity period of the message; this will denote how long the system will try to send a message for if the mobile number is unavailable (very useful if you are running a timed offer, and you don’t want people to receive messages after a certain time).
Once you are happy with your message you can send it, or save it to drafts.