A handset receiving duplicate messages can be caused by a number of reasons. In most cases duplication of messages occurs when handsets are on the edge of reception and fail to send an acknowledgement that a message has been successfully received, and therefore the message is retried.
There are several ways to resolve this issue and due to the variety of combinations of handset and home networks we suggest attempting multiple methods if the problem persists.
- Move to an area where reception is better
- Reconnect the device to the mobile network by switching in and out of flight mode
- Try your SIM card in another phone to eliminate handset issues
- Switch from 4g to 3g/2g as these have greater reception range
- On pay as you go devices some users have reported success with disabling/enabling balance notifications
On rare occasions duplicate messages can be caused by a fault on the network and this can be investigated following unsuccessful attempts with the previously mentioned troubleshooting steps. If you are still receiving duplicate messages after following these steps please contact support or submit a support ticket using the widget or by using the link at the bottom of this page.
It is also possible that duplicate messages are in fact multiple messages submissions of the same message as opposed to the same message which gets duplicated. This can be caused by errors in CMS systems and Web Service/API integrations which we can help you to resolve.